Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 16. June 2008, 13:03   #56 (permalink)
Maniac43

User-Optionen
Standard Liste von bekannten Fehlern in 2.0

Hier eine Liste aus dem off. Forum mit allen von den Entwicklern bestätigten Fehler.
Dann brauchen wir nicht doppelt posten und so. Die Liste wurde von User Kirch867 zusammen gestellt.

This will be a comprehensive list of every quote from a dev that explains something, in an effort for people to read this through, find an explanation to one of their complaints, so they don't have to go and post a huge writeup about something that someone's already taking care of.

The quotes will look as follows:
[Name of Poster]: <Topic at hand>
"quote"

If you have found one that I have not, feel free to add it and I'll update the list.

Leedot: All Attribute gear feeds
Quote:
A quick note about +AA - I'm not sure if this has been clarified or not yet since I'm only able to keep up with a fraction of the posts here but one of the bugs with +AA is that in addition to the value of +AA being lowered the feed requirements were not lowered so at the moment +AA is doubly nerfed. (ie. the feed requirements for +AA is high -and- the effect was lowered).

I believe this should be remedied in the next build that is released to TC.

Scapes: Giant monster models with normal size hitboxes.

Quote:
This is a known issue.

It will be fixed.
-- Scapes

Scapes: Camera Issues in the Abyss

Quote:
Yes, this is a known issue.

Believe we have it listed in the patch notes.
-- Scapes

Scapes: EU Subbers not having Sub status

Quote:
Players who have created their account or subscribed since Patch 1.3 went live have not been flagged for subscriber status on Test Center.

While we are aware of this and will be manually flagging these accounts, I do not presently have an ETA for it.
-- Scapes

Scapes: PVP

Quote:
Added some known issues.

PvP/Capture The Flag:

* Player characters cannot join or create Capture the Flag matches in Nightmare difficulty games.
* Matches names are not yet displayed in the match dialog. Instead they are all named “KEVIN, FIX THIS”.
* Match parameters, such as level limitations, are ignored when creating a match.

-- Scapes

Scapes: The leveling achievements

Quote:
The two /played-based achievements are being removed.
-- Scapes

Scapes: On Consignment House

Quote:
Do not post non-weapon, non-armor items on the Consignment House as they will not show up in the listings.

They will be mailed back to you when they expire in seven days.
-- Scapes

Scapes: Non-subbers not having access to consignment house

Quote:
Because the Templar Base location is not working in this build.

When it is working again, non-subscribers will be able to access the Consignment House.
-- Scapes

Scapes: Stackable items deleting down to 1.3 size stacks

Quote:
We have this listed as a known issue with Patch 2.

Please read the bottom of the patch notes.
-- Scapes

Scapes: Trinket slots

Quote:
Initially, yes. A second trinket slot is planned as part of ongoing content.

Your Transmogrifier Cube has the recipes for cleansing the rings.
-- Scapes

Scapes: Monsters hitting -far- to hard

Quote:
Please read the bottom of the patch notes as this known issue is listed there.

Thanks.
-- Scapes

Scapes: Achievement points

Quote:
Yes, Achievement Points are gone.

The Achievement Rewards system has replaced it.
-- Scapes

Scapes: Whether or not using a skill scroll resets skills

Quote:
No, using the skill scroll will not reset your skills.

*bed 4 realz this time*
-- Scapes

Ahufss: On mob damage

Quote:
...So as a heads up, I'd like you to know that in the next build (which should land in TC within a week), we've decreased monsters' damage by 67% across the board (among other unrelated fixes and changes). You should notice that the highest-Armored Guardians from 1.3 should take slightly more damage from monsters than before, average-Armored Blademasters in 2.0 should take roughly 11% less damage than high-Armored Blademasters from 1.3. Highly-Armored characters of the other factions in 1.3 should take about the same amount of damage in 2.0, but the lower-Armored characters will take up to 67% less damage now.

These changes could possibly cause the difficulty of the game to swing too far up or down depending on the class, and will surely need lots of testing. Please do your best to test as wide a variety of classes at as wide a variety of levels as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Ahufss: Top 3 issues

Quote:
...The top 3 issues I'm seeing so far are:
1. Players taking too much damage from monsters.
2. Feed requirements fishiness.
3. Rank XP going too slow. Is it bugged?

We're definitely looking into these things and more - you'll hear more about it soon.

Good night everyone!

Ahufss: On willpower -> power regen gains

Quote:
Seems to have missed the notes, but the power regeneration gained per point of willpower has been decreased from 3/min to 2/min.

The reason for this change was because Evokers can pretty much reach a level of power regen from willpower that effectively gives them infinite power. I didn't want low-willpower classes to suffer from this, however, so I'll probably have to rethink the change. Perhaps this change can still work if I lower the power costs of skills templar/hunter skills more?

Ahufss: Old armor not being updated to % based additions

Quote:
Those old items weren't rescaled because they are supposed to remain comparable to the new version of armor bonus properties (which increase the base armor of the item by a %). The math works out so that the old +armor properties are roughly equivalent.

Ahufss: Rank XP - Rank XP given from PVP

Quote:
Right, I meant "also gained from PvP", but I guess that wasn't very clear. We do have more Expertise skills planned for the future too.

As for the current Rank Experience rate being bugged, it certainly might be. I'll look into it. It shouldn't be anywhere near 90% slower than before.

Ahufss: On venom armor

Quote:
Not to worry - Venom Armor has always been tied directly to the Armor Curve, so the effectiveness of this skill hasn't changed at all, although I suppose the relative effectiveness may have decreased indirectly, due to the boost to Evoker armor lines.

Ahufss: Strength affecting Guardian shield damage

Quote:
Yes, it does in TC already.

Ahufss: On Aura Stability

Quote:
Close! Each additional rank of Aura Stability increase the "total aura effectiveness pool" (just made that up) by 6%, and each active aura splits the pool evenly. (Sorry that the description patch notes descriptions aren't very detailed, but I didn't want to make them a couple pages longer than they already are.)

Aura Stability 1:
1 aura - 100%
2 auras - 50% each
3 auras - 33% each

Aura Stability 2:
1 aura - 106%
2 auras - 53% each
3 auras - 35% each

Ahufss: On charge distance being too short

Quote:
You're right, thanks. Expect it to change before live.

FSS10: Problems going back and forth from live-test

Quote:
I just realized what's happening here. Currently if you switch back and forth from TC to Live you get the spinning wheel of doom/infinite load screen. Then you have to log in a second time and all is good. We were seeing this for a week but chalked it up to general server funkiness - unlike TC or Live, our QA servers are constantly up/down/upgrade/down/up/stopped/restarted/forgot this/need that/Blastoise etc. We also flip flop from 1.3 to 2.0 more times a day than users. Two weeks ago this stopped.

This should be fixed when 1.3d goes Live.

FSS10: On Consignment house's "No Search Result" text box

Quote:
Ok. We're fixin this so its displays like the quest/tutorial text (ya know like da 0 out of 10 zombies killed ) and ya won't hafta keep clickin ona dialog box.

FSS10: On quick-and-easy hellrift closings

Quote:
Yep. We ran into this on internal tests (two rooms, two hellrifts, reset, rinse, repeat). I think it IS fixed in the next build. We just have to get a build that doesn't crash .

FSS10: On monster levels in Abyss areas

Quote:
Ok. Parliament has a hard limit of level 30 monsters. The adjacent levels like East Treasury, Upper Parliament, etc. all scale up to the character level. (I thinks its +4?). The Abyss levels are +5 levels and de bosses are +1 over the monster's level.

FSS10: On the war-drive for testing purposes

Quote:
K. I can't turn it off, but I set it to a rather large number.

FSS10: On Abyss Hellrift closing tracking

Quote:
You'll do it the way we did it the first time. With Pen and Paper!

(we really did it this way for about two weeks ). The video message that pops up after you closed one is supposed to tell you what and how many you closed. It's currently missing text.

FSS10: On tankers hitting too hard

Quote:
Yea yea we asked for that change and it hasn't been addressed yet. It's really just the Tanker and its variants.

FSS10: On expertise

Quote:
Naw. They wanted to put the expertise into more sensible groups (like all the attributes in one tab or some such). So they made three tabs like the skills. We were even going to name each tab, just like the skills. Then we ran out of time. So now to it has to go back to one tab. It'll get fixed.

More expertise when? I dunno.

Bogustus: On Rare/Epic/Legendary mobs not being there

Quote:
Yeah, it's a bug. The programmers blamed "bad data" and tossed it to the designers this morning. The designers looked at it, but they threw it back at the programmers. The programmers were already working on other bugs. Guy, a programmer, said that he would look at it tomorrow morning.
We will be sure to fix it, but the fix might not make it into the next Test Center build.

Bogustus: On skill scrolls

Quote:
Hopefully, we can find a drop rate where you would be likely to be able to find or purchase a common skill scroll without having them be so common that they fill your inventory.

The really rare scrolls will be for character changing skills. I expect that a player who finds one of these will either sell it for a large sum, build a character around it or find a skill retrainer to adjust their current character to use it. The players who plan their builds should not even factor in the rare skills - unless they have a ton of currency or the rare skill scroll in hand.

Bogustus: More on skill scrolls

Quote:

The current plan is to have different chances for each of the scrolls dropping.
Each class has one scroll which will be pretty common and grants the skill that we think the class needed most. These will probably not sell for much in the Consignment Shop, and I wouldn't be surprised if most players can get their hands on one without much trouble.

Each class will have another scroll which will be pretty rare and enhances the class, but it isn't a necessary skill - like the Guardian's Shield Throw. This skill will be really powerful and hard to get. However, you will know which boss to farm in order to get it.

The third scroll is somewhere in between. Subscribers should be able to find them, but they will sell for a good sum.

These scrolls can be traded on Shulgoth and Sydonai, but in some territories, these scrolls will not be available for trade.

Bogustus: On EU Character transfers

Quote:
We copied over 1000 characters from Sydonai. There were several cases where characters were not copied over:
The user didn't give us an account that exists on Sydonai. They probably gave us a US account. Also, they might have just mispelled the account, given us their forum name or something.
The user had not created a US account with the same CD key that they used at Syndonai - which were part of the instructions.
The user didn't spell their character names properly - they don't exist.
The user had never logged in with their US account - which helped set up some things on our backend. Yeah, this requirement wasn't announced, but we didn't know that it would be a problem until too late.
Yeah, next time we should have a form that prevents these kinds of errors. We are learning.

I know that several people have characters that they would still like to see transfered, but we aren't doing any more transfers until Patch 2.0 is done. Our database engineer who had to do all of this work has an overwhelming set of things that he needs to work on right now. Plus, it will be even uglier trying to transfer Patch 1.3 characters to the Patch 2.0 build in Test Center. I'm sorry guys, but we are done with this one.

Meanwhile, Test Center has double exp gain and free skill retrainers. In fact, with Patch 2.0 it will have free attribute and expertise restrainers as well.

Patch 2.0 has a ton of changes that apply to every level and all players. So, if you want to help test then starting a new character isn't so bad. Try a class that you don't usually play. Buy and sell some things in the Consignment Shop. Try out some of the new skills. There will be a lot of things to look at in this Patch. We appreciate the help.

Tyler